2013-2014 School Board MembersL to R, Bob Dickinson, Ann Sutro, Todd Blake, Whit Gaither, John Longley
Bob Dickinson • President • Term ends December firstname.lastname@example.orgJohn Longley • Vice President • Term ends December 2015Whit Gaither • President • Term ends December 2013Todd Blake • Term ends December 2013Ann Sutro • Term ends December 2015The Ross School Board members are elected by the community and serve four-year terms. The Board has responsibilities as defined in the Education Code:
• establish the educational philosophy
• make policy to provide overall guidelines
• employ personnel
• adopt budget and approve expenditures
• set rules and regulations for governing administration and operation of district
• adopt curriculum
• evaluate the education processPublic meetings are held the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. in the Ross School Library unless otherwise noted. Parents are encouraged to attend. The agenda is posted in the display case by the front door of the school office the Friday before each meeting. The agenda and minutes are also posted on this website under Board/Agendas and Minutes. Board material can be made available to the public before the meeting upon written request at least one month before the meeting and shall be valid for the calendar year in which it is requested.
How to Place an Item on the Agenda:Members of the public may request that items be placed on the agenda of any regular Board of Education meeting. The request must be in writing and be submitted to the Superintendent with supporting documents and information, if any, at least ten working days prior to the scheduled meeting date. When constructing the agenda, the Board President and the Superintendent will decide whether the request is within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Board and whether the agenda item is appropriate for discussion in open or closed session.
If You Need Special Assistance
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact Laura Talley, at the District Office, (415) 457-2705 ext. 210, or fax (415) 457-8923. Notification at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable Ross School to make reasonable accommodation to help ensure accessibility to this meeting.
Procedures for Public CommentsWe ask the public to please introduce themselves, limit their comments to two minutes per issue, and speak only once on an item. If in agreement with what others have said, indicate agreement without repeating what has been said.
If a member of the public has a complaint against a school employee, we ask the public to follow Ross School District policy BP 1312 or Complaints Concerning Employees (see appendix page 50). The board cannot formally hear a complaint without prior employee notification.
Click the link below for the Ross School Board of Trustee Board Norms-approved May 23, 2012.
Last Modified on June 3, 2014